CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 5, 2012

I love to cook, but...

I've spent time the past two weekends cooking extra food to stockpile in our freezer.  Now's the time to use some of it!  (Because in order to cook more food than needed, I gladly gave up sacrificed cleaning the house.  Now the dust bunnies are having babies, so it is time to do something besides cook!

Some things are no-brainers.  Kevin's cousin butchered hogs this summer, so we've got a nice reserve of brats and sandwich ham.  Add some fruit and chips - instant meal!

I also keep pasta of various shapes and sizes, plus spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce and different kinds of peppers on hand.  Anything from chipotle chicken pasta to plain ol' spaghetti (a family fave) will work.

Then there are totally prepared meals in the freezer.  For example, the wonderful women of the Catholic church in my hometown published their recipes a few years ago, and I now make what I consider to be the world's best Philly Cheesesteak thanks to them.  It's super-easy to make - will share a photo and recipe soon!

I also have a frozen lasagna (not made by me - I will never be able to replicate my mother-in-law's even when using her recipe so to keep the peace I purchase the closest thing to hers... Stouffers.  :)

That, along with some soup, random frozen pizzas, and the obligatory mac-and-cheese-with-hotdogs-or-PBJs that our two-year old desires will round out our eating for the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

typical Thornton Christmas

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!